AIAGC: Flood Reconstruction Seminar (4 HSWs)
Learn IF and HOW you can build back after flood damage
A seminar geared toward anyone involved in the design and construction efforts after the recent flooding!
Carolina Flood Solutions LLC
Chamber of Commerce | Palmetto Room
930 Richland St
Columbia, SC 29201
NEXT FRIDAY, 11/13
2-Part Presentation and lunch 12pm
$5 for AIA/CDL members
$15 for nonmembers
FREE for City of Columbia and County officials
“Understanding the National Flood Insurance Program Construction Standards”
Part 1 (12-1pm)
- Overview of the NFIP regulations
- Overview of construction standards in Special Flood Hazard Area
Break (end of 1 hour)
Part 2 (1-4pm)
- Detailed construction standards for development in Special Flood Hazard Area
- Residential vs non-residential
- Foundation types and floodplain considerations
- Elevation buildings
- Designs impact on flood insurance
- Renovations and Additions
- Substantial Improvements
Attendees are welcome to attend all OR a portion of either session.
Potential of 4 HSWs for full 4-hour session.
Premier Event Sponsor:
RSVP to John Powell by 5:00pm, Wednesday, November 11th
to ensure we have enough space and meals for everyone!
11/13 – Flood Reconstruction Seminar @ Columbia Chamber of Commerce | Palmetto Room
11/18 – Monthly Membership Meeting @ City Market Antique Mall
12/9 – Annual Membership Meeting @ MTC Advanced Manufacturing Facility