AIA Columbia congratulates Bria Wigfall, Associate AIA, APA, on winning the 2020 AIA South Carolina Associates Award. This distinction recognizes Associate AIA members who have proven to be outstanding leaders and creative thinkers while making significant contributions to their communities and the architecture profession. Bria joined LS3P in 2018 after earning both a Master of Architecture and Master of Urban Planning from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and has since been integral in the planning, design, and management of education projects throughout the southeast. Wigfall is an active member of the AIA community as is involved in a number of local and national organizations, including the ACE Mentor Program of the Midlands, AIA Greater Columbia Kids in Architecture Program, and National Organization of Minority Architects.
2020 AIA Greater Columbia Design Awards
Through its Design Awards Program, AIA Columbia recognizes excellence in architecture throughout the South Carolina Midlands. The purpose of the awards program is to encourage and recognize distinguished architectural achievement and to honor the architects, clients, and consultants who work together to improve the built environment and for their role in shaping the quality of life through design excellence.
AIA Columbia members who are registered architects are eligible regardless of project location or architect’s residence.
- If the design architect is not registered in South Carolina, the AIA Columbia architect of record must be credited.
- Submitting architect may qualify as a member of a design team, whether or not serving as the head of the team. When one architect is not the sole author, all other participants contributing substantially to the design of the project must be given credit as part of the submission, regardless of professional discipline.
Eligible projects include the following:
- Realized projects must have been completed since January 1, 2015.
- New construction
- Projects involving significant changes to existing buildings
- Residential projects
- Unrealized projects that fit all other criteria
Ineligible projects include:
- Those that have previously received AIA Columbia awards
- Projects that do not fit previously listed criteria
- Design Awards Gala: November 5th 2020, 3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
AIA Columbia was hoping to launch a mentorship dinner series based on AIA Charleston’s successful series but due to Covid19, that series has been postponed. In the meantime, we will be holding a virtual cocktail mentorship hour. The event is an informal discussion between a mentor and emerging professionals to answer their questions, seek guidance and learn through mentorship. Our mentor host for the evening will be Marc Marchant, CEO and Principal of LS3P. The general topic for the evening is “Navigating Uncertainty”.