Join us and earn 5 HSW credit hours at this year’s
Food for Thought
Friday, November 14th
@8:30am – 3:15pm
1104 Shop Road
Columbia, SC 29201
Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided for all attendees.
Please RSVP to:
|Session and Time
|Session 1: 8:45 AM to 9:45 AM
||Carolina Ceramics and Arriscraft presenting
“Designing with Clad Stone”
- To understand the mechanism of quarried stone formations and how Calcium Silicate Stone formation is similar.
- To identify 3 systems for installing Thin-Clad stone materials and how these different systems influence design decisions.
- To recognize the overall design versatility of Thin-Clad Stone as a cladding material.
- To recognize the benefits of using Calcium Silicate Materials (green benefits)
|Session 2: 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
||Patterson Pope presenting
“Modular Solutions for Utility Casework”
- Discuss advantages of using pre-engineered modular case work systems vs traditional millwork in respect to cost.
- Discussion of Ergonomics and employee wellbeing.
- Discussion go green solutions including Green Guard certified products.
- Discussion of integrated lighting and electrical solutions.
|Session 3: 11:15 AM to 12:15 PM
“Building Enclosure Design and Effects on Internal Environment”
- Identify components of the Building Enclosure that restrict air and water Infiltration and how they can help prevent mold growth in the interior of buildings by identifying the proper placement of those components.
- Understand the health and safety risks of building enclosure design flaws and construction defects.
- Distinguish between Fundamental and Enhanced Building Enclosure Commissioning tasks and performance verification to reduce potential for indoor environmental risks.
- Develop an understanding of Hygrothermics (WUFI) and how this area of science can identify areas of potential condensation within building enclosure systems to build a healthier space for building occupants.
|Session 4: 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM
||Southeastern Architectural Solutions presenting
“Metal Ceilings: Design, Acoustics and Sustainability”
- Categories and descriptions of the various metal ceiling products available in the market today.
- The manufacturing process behind metal ceilings and potential cost-to-client implications based on production.
- The long term viability of total “life-of-product” assessment of various contract metal ceiling installations, including their VOC and recycled content calculations.
- Understanding the acoustical NRC and CAC ratings, how they are calculated and what impact they have on indoor environmental comfort and performance.
|Session 5: 2:15 PM to 3:15 PM
“Wellbeing at Work”
- Discuss how you reset the thinking process of how the workplace affects occupants
- Discuss how workplace design can make people healthier
- Discuss concepts of how design can reduce healthcare costs
- Discussion of ergonomic design and opportunities for movement and the effects of health