2020 AIA Greater Columbia Design Awards
Through its Design Awards Program, AIA Columbia recognizes excellence in architecture throughout the South Carolina Midlands. The purpose of the awards program is to encourage and recognize distinguished architectural achievement and to honor the architects, clients, and consultants who work together to improve the built environment and for their role in shaping the quality of life through design excellence.
AIA Columbia members who are registered architects are eligible regardless of project location or architect’s residence.
- If the design architect is not registered in South Carolina, the AIA Columbia architect of record must be credited.
- Submitting architect may qualify as a member of a design team, whether or not serving as the head of the team. When one architect is not the sole author, all other participants contributing substantially to the design of the project must be given credit as part of the submission, regardless of professional discipline.
Eligible projects include the following:
- Realized projects must have been completed since January 1, 2015.
- New construction
- Projects involving significant changes to existing buildings
- Residential projects
- Unrealized projects that fit all other criteria
Ineligible projects include:
- Those that have previously received AIA Columbia awards
- Projects that do not fit previously listed criteria
DESIGN AWARDS FEES
Realized Projects: $50 per entry
Unrealized Projects: $25 per entry
No refunds will be issued for Design Awards registration fees.
- Submissions Open: Monday, August 24
- Submission Deadline: Friday, October 2 – Projects must be registered and paid for, and all project data and material uploads must be completed by 11:59pm (midnight). Submissions received after midnight on October 2 will be disqualified.
- Jury Review: October 2020
- Design Awards Gala: Date and details to be announced.
FOR REGISTRATION AND MORE INFORMATION PLEASE VISIT: